After having spent sufficient time working with a dynamic team at a renowned Software Development Company, you will soon discover that there are certain tested guidelines that you can benefit from at a great extent for the purpose of delivering some great development related projects with success. The most important thing is to give the clients what they want on time and within the stipulated budget.
Here are a few lessons you will learn after gaining some experience at a Software Development Company –
1. This lesson I relevant to any type of client facing personnel. It is important for you to understand what your customer and their end users actually need and make sure that your project eventually fulfills this requirement sufficiently. It is recommended that you first jot down the specifications then continue coding to create a user interface depending on the specifications provided. After this, you could weed out the design related issues.
2. The easiest way to organize any development based project is by breaking it up in sections defined by time. The ideal thing to do is break up your project in sections extended to a week or less. Start by working on the less complex aspects of the project and remember to validate the software every couple of weeks depending on the entire length of your project.
3. If you are working on a team, it is important that everyone single technical expert involved in the assignment is in the position to take ownership to their responsibilities and is also accountable and committed to the tasks assigned to them. Provide the team as many resources as possible for best results and ensuring that the client is happy.
4. Every once in a while, it is recommended that you undergo an automated functional testing by making use of appropriate tools and also do some stress testing to check if your software is functioning like it is expected to from a user’s perspective.
Depending on your personal bandwidth, as a software development company, it is always recommended that you under-promise, over-deliver and be stringent about quality and end results to ensure client satisfaction.
PHP today, is the most popularly used server-side web programming language. It is believed that almost 34% of the portals online are designed by PHP Web Development Company or experts. Its popularity has a lot to do with the fact that it extremely simple, provides great results and consists of what is known as the largest open source community.
Most popular and successful online brands and websites in the world are running on the PHP platform. Let’s go through some of the most popular known PHP websites and study their design and development architecture.
1. Yahoo! is among the most popular websites that has been created on a PHP platform. With extremely high user traffic of over 130 million users, this company moved from the C/ C++ platform on to PHP web development in the year 2002.
2. Another popular website which benefited from the services of a PHP web development company is Wikipedia. This is considered to be the 8th most popular website on the World Wide Web and is popularly known as the largest internet based encyclopedia. This portal is built on a MediaWiki platform that is written in PHP and is known to support a number of other online Wikis.
3. Friendster, a forerunner in the social networking space with traffic of over 50 million users is known to have been built on a PHP platform.
4. Flickr, the website that is known to be the leader in photo sharing online is host to over 2 billion images. This portal has over 60 thousand lines of PHP coding which play and integral role in the design and development of this portal and its consequent popularity.
5. Neopets is an extremely popular virtual pet website which was started by two British College students in 1999. This platform today has a humungous traffic of users belonging to all age groups and has converted into a global brand in its own sense.
A number of other leading portals such as Facebook, Digg, iStockPhoto, SourceForge and LiveBid Auctions are known to have benefited from the PHP web development company and the tools they have to offer.
Evolving WordPress Development techniques have ensured that this platform moved from being just a blogging website to a comprehensive Content Management system, to becoming one of the most preferred platforms for online business owners. This platform is ideal for business owners who do not have the technical expertise to create and manage a portal that is informative, aesthetic and dynamic at the same time. This easy to use platform has helped create design experts out of the not-so-tech-savvy group of people, hereby offering them equal platform to promote themselves on the World Wide Web.
Here are some of the most distinct benefits of pursuing a WordPress Development exercise for your internet marketing goals :–
1. Search Engine Optimization is among the highest benefits of opting for this platform. WordPress offers businesses tools to implement some very interesting search engine friendly methods and techniques into their development process for good results. They also offer a range of plug-ins and extensions which further boost your portal’s SEO.
2. The user friendly nature of this platform allows even the non-technical people to easily handle the content management systems and build an attractive website using WordPress Development techniques. The administrative platform of this tool is highly easy to use and the intuitive interfaces facilitate the quick and easy adding of new content, plug-ins and other design factors.
3. WordPress can be easy installed with a single click without the need to install separate files and without the need to use FTP to upload to your website.
4. This platform is known for offering high security value over other similar solutions. This platform poses fewer threats which can be taken care of with simple solutions.
5. WordPress development allows enhanced interactivity on your portal through the thousands of plug-ins that are being offered. This plug-ins allow easy integration with Social Media platforms, podcasts, traffic meters and many other interactive features which add to the browsing experience of your visitors.
Of all the CMS platforms available out there, WordPress is among the most progressive ones available. This means that there is always room for upgrades and improvements allowing your website to constantly evolve with the growing demands of your audience.
No one gets a second chance to make a first impression and it is crucial that the first time a member of your target audience visits your website you must be able to build a relationship with them that instils longevity and trust. Especially if your website expects to encourage e-commerce business, you need to make sure your portal portrays a safe and secure environment on which visitors are comfortable interacting and sharing personal information.
Here are some common steps that web development company and businesses can take together to inculcate trust among visitors online –
1. The design of your website is among the first things that will be judged by your visitors. Make sure that it is designed professionally and consists of informative and relevant content.
2. As an extension to that, make sure that your content is exclusive, relevant, accurate and informative for your visitors.
3. Take utmost care of the navigational features that you integrate into your website. If your users are not able to easily find answers to the needs, it may discourage them from coming back to your website.
4. Try to give your website its own personality. A personality which your audience relates to. This definitely adds to the trust quotient to your website.
5. Even the language that you use in your content must be appropriate for the audience that you are targeting. For example, if you are talking teenagers your language will evidently be different from that if your website targets an older age group.
6. Keep your website updated on a regular basis. This will create an impression among your audience that the people responsible for the website are involved in the relationship building exercise everyday!
7. Avoid making any grammatical and language errors since it does not set a correct impression with the audience.
8. Avoid exaggerating and be realistic with all the content and claims that you make on your website. You need to make sure that everything you say or claim to do is genuine and viable.
9. It is unprofessional to let down competitors and other brands. Avoid generating negative vibes on your website.
10. The idea is to build a long-term relationship with every visitor and not accomplish a short-term sale.
Take these aspects into consideration and you will be on your way to build a lasting relationship with your online visitors.
If you intend to succeed on the internet, it is almost impossible to do so without having your website actively integrated with your social media profiles. Facebook and Twitter have become tremendously popular and other search engines and internet businesses have also tried their hand at starting their own social media platforms with the home to gain similar popularity.
This in turn has proven to be a boon for WordPress Website owners who are able to leverage from the following of these platforms to drive visitors and even integrate additional social features which encourage sharing and innovation in content formats.
WordPress Development and Social Media Profiles
Today it has become imperative for WordPress development experts to integrate social media plug-ins on to the website to facilitate easy flow of information between websites and social platforms by visitors and webmasters.
Need to Integrate Twitter –
Twitter is a fantastic platform which initially started off as a tool to spread important links among people belonging to the same community. Now that it has gained worldwide popularity, everyone from businesses, brands, celebrities are logging on to this tool to stay and keep updated on what’s happening around the world. There are number of recommended plug-ins you can choose from to facilitate sharing of your content on Twitter.
Facebook Integration –
One cannot ignore the exponential growth achieved by Facebook as a social media tool. People from all age groups are now logging onto this website to meet their social demands. With its continuing growth and ever increasing platter of interactive features it becomes inevitable for WordPress website owners to make sure that they provide their audiences abilities to engage their content on Facebook.
These tools allow users to share your content, talk about it, ‘like’ it and even engage with your brand on your own Facebook page.
In addition to this, there exists also a number of other plug-ins that needs to be integrated such as the Digg, Reddit, Stumbleupon and the more recent Google + plug-in. Each one of these in the long run helps benefit your overall internet marketing goals by facilitating increase in internet presence.
PHP is an open source service side programming language that is easily available at no cost. It is easily implementable on multiple platforms such as Linux, UNIX and Windows and has proven to be a very flexible and powerful language. It is ideal to develop dynamic web pages and is currently been used by top websites such as Facebook and Wikipedia.org.
Ability to Auto-Upgrade
A major benefit of this language is that it allows PHP Web Development Company to automatically refresh and upgrade without the need of making any manual changes. Most web development experts today prefer using this language because it is able to sufficiently fulfil the need of clients because of his high-end features the enhance performance like no other language thus far.
Ability to Integrate Multiple Features
Among the many tools that can be created using this tool include the ability create websites of all sizes and types; development of informative forums, integration of chat features, e-commerce capabilities, shopping carts, CRM solutions, community based portals, e-business shopping carts that facilitate huge databases, etc.
Ability to Easily Scale-Up
This tool offers tremendous opportunities to scale up by starting small and moving on to creating a larger portal that facilitates all your audiences’ needs. Managing database has become a lot simpler now since PHP Web Development Company can help you in creating programs that can easily store information, serialize information, create cookies, and integrate robust file management systems.
Less Strain on the Server
In day-to-day operations of the website, developing a website on this platform means that there is minimal strain on your server. It has the ability to use its own inbuilt memory which means that the workload on the servers is tremendously reduced and speed is consequently increased. The optimized script makes the job of the server a lot easier and this is one of the primary reasons why this platform is so popular among developers and programmers.
In addition to this, running media files on this platform is much easier and the fact that this platform is free of cost, makes it ideal for small and new business that are looking at cost effective methods to mark their presence on the internet.
Even though internet speeds are getting faster by the day, it is important that you ask your web development company to create for you a website that is light, easy to load and fast to navigate on. Among the many elements that can slow your website down, images is the most common factor.
To be able to optimize the use of your website it is crucial that you compress your images to ensure a smooth browsing experience for your online visitors. Another reason why one must consider the browsing speed as a important factor is that, though most popular search engines do not particularly de-rank your website because of its inconvenience in speed, but after combining it with other factors that decide its rank such as the number of hits per day and popularity, you definitely need to make sure that your website doesn’t slow down and put off users who visit it.
Compressing your Images
Any experienced web Development Company will insist that you compress your banners, images and other web developments that are heavy and affect the functionality of your website. Here are some popular software’s that you can use to compress your JPEG images –
1. GIMP ( Free Image Editor)
While most photo editors don’t come for free, this image editor is equally functional and free. This editor does not limit itself to only Windows and Mac operating systems and consists of almost the same features as its commercial counterparts. This editor is extremely safe and offers great tools even to compress images that you have exported from your digital camera.
2. Adobe Photoshop
One of the most popular image editor and compressor tools available, it has excellent features such as ‘save for web…’ functions which allow developers to create web optimized versions of images which lightens the images without compromising on the quality of the image.
3. Adobe Fireworks
This software offers the unique capability of integrating bitmap and vector elements into a single file. It creates some very good quality compressed images that are sufficient for use on the internet.
This is a Linux based command line tool where you can use a range of commands in your PHP coding scripts to enable you to compress your image using 8% quality.
Avoid Making these Mistakes
1. A common mistake developers tend to make is that they scale down their images using a website creation program and not an image editing program.
2. This will simply result in a smaller image with the same size of the file.
3. Making using of a quality image editing program will make sure that your size also reduces without hampering the quality of the image file.
When you are resizing your image to a smaller size, you are not actually working on the dimensions of an image; you are working towards making it lighter, so that it loads faster when a user visits your website. Make sure you employ a well known editor program and give you effective and quality results.
The pace at which the technology world is moving; more and more companies are now opting to integrate their PC and server based applications with wireless solutions to reach out to more people and even reduce time and enhance performance within the organization. The surge in the internet and telecommunication industry along with the growth of the hardware market has made it a necessity for any tech savvy business to hire a software development company for its software creation needs.
With more and more high-end laptops and smart phones hitting the market, they provide interesting platforms to develop applications with a unique set of features that can engage target audiences around the world and on the move. These could be executed in the form of entertainment modules, gaming modules or simple interactive platforms that offer relevant information to its users. New age mobile phones, browsers, tablets and personal computers offer excellent user-friendly features integrated with superior graphic viewing support and interfaces that provide mind boggling opportunities for developers to create innovative platforms for all its users.
The dawn of 3G technology has further opened doors to faster interaction with audiences. It has now become possible for users to view entire videos through their handsets, or tablets thus increasing opportunities for companies to disseminate information in form of news clippings or other video formats.
Now, there are members of the banking industry who offer solutions on the cell phone as well as tablets such as iPads for real time access to bank accounts. Newspapers, magazines and entertainment services providers are creating themselves electronic counterparts to reach out to a larger readership or viewer-ship base.
In addition to the promotional benefits of such applications, an experienced software development company can also aide you in developing systems which benefit the organization in its day to day operations. Features such as inventory management, job scheduling, etc enhance internal communication processes thus ensuring successful and efficient task accomplishments.
Integrating these with mobile based tools help business conduct efficient workflow management and reporting exercises. Developing parallel desktop versions for these tools makes it easier for entire enterprises to stay in constant connection with each other.
Considering the progress made by software development companies in this area, most consumers take it for granted that a reputable business will have already integrated wireless solutions into their marketing and operations plan. Tech savvy customers actually frown upon businesses that have not yet jumped on this bandwagon.
Businesses around the world are investing millions of dollars in software development to create innovative applications. As much effort is taken towards promoting these solutions as it is to market a website or the product itself. Just like there was a time where websites were considered a necessity to a businesses marketing plan, the current era belongs to consumer engagement solutions. Opting for a software development exercise is not as expensive as one may perceive. Considering the almost immediate returns on investment, one must not falter and immediately scout for a development service provider who will be able to sufficiently execute your marketing strategy on an upcoming platform.
When you decide to design a website for your company, it is important to hire a web development company that is experienced and privy to the common mistakes that need to be avoided while creating a website. As an inexperienced party to this initiative, you are likely to get tempted to implement ideas that are not viable. This may have a negative impact on your internet marketing plans. Make sure that you and your development service provider avoid the following problems:
1. Unbalanced and Cluttered Web Pages:
While the world is moving on to minimalist designs, the biggest mistake you can make is creating a website that is stuffed with content and images. It is important to draw a balance between your information and your blank spaces. People prefer to go through simple pages that allow them to easily process information and navigate through the portal.
2. Lack of information:
Your entire internet marketing spends go down the drain if you are able to drive traffic into your website but not meet the visitors expectations in terms of information. It is important that you make the important information easily accessible, and highlight the crucial elements on the pages.
Make sure you incorporate a site map and an FAQ page that aides the user’s navigation and also answers the basic questions the users are most likely to ask.
3. Compatibility with Browsers
A common mistake an inexperienced web development company will make is, forget to consider how the website looks on different web browser. It is important to make sure your website works in its full potential on all popular web browsers and there is no design mutation when viewed on different browsing applications.
4. Overusing Flash
Another extension to tarnishing the latest minimalist trend, Flash introductions are perceived to be advertisements which most visitors chose to skip. A big mistake one is likely to make is including a flash presentation and not providing a skip button.
5. Inappropriate Fonts
An inexperienced web development company is likely to include fancy fonts with an intention of aesthetic enhancement. What one does not realize is that, doing this means risking visitors not being able to completely read your content on computers that either don’t support the font, or that the font is too fancy to be legible. Be sure to include fonts that are simple, relatively common and easy to read. The most creative you can get with your fonts is on some headers on the pages.
In addition to these, make sure the web development company you hire knows the nitty-gritty’s of designing a good website such. Avoid including items such as musical backgrounds, make sure that the ‘Contact Us’ page and other important links are easily locatable, your content should be placed such that it easily fits into the screen and there is minimal scrolling required. Also, avoid including too many images that makes it difficult for the pages to load quick enough. Use simple colors with sophisticated formatting, thus ensuring an overall pleasurable experience for visitors to keep coming back to your website.
WordPress is an excellent open source software which helps developers set sites live in a matter of seconds. Hiring a WordPress development Company, help in the development of creative plug-ins, themes, localizations and customization that is beyond one’s imagination.
It is a quick and easy process to create a fully functional website within a few minutes. All that needs to be done is, install the free WordPress blogging platform. Its correct application and implementation can prove to play a vital role in your internet marketing activities and overall growth of your business.
Optimizing the Benefits:
Design & Content
Room for Innovation
Easy Editing and Transferring
In short, this is a flexible platform which helps users create new websites with integrated content management systems. Its self-updating capabilities, and all the other benefits listed above if exploited to its fullest can do wonders for your website. Hiring us as we are experienced and professional WordPress development company can further help you optimize all the benefits offered by this web development platform to create a website that effectively fulfills all your web marketing and e-commerce goals.